|S.No.||Name and Designation||Position|
|1||Vice Chancellor, SVSU, Gurugram.||Ex-Officio Chairman|
|2||The Administrative Secretary to Government, Haryana, Finance Department or his nominee||Ex-Officio Member|
|3||The Administrative Secretary to Government, Haryana, Higher Education Department or his nominee||Ex-Officio Member|
|4||The Administrative Secretary to Government, Haryana, Technical Education Department or his nominee||Ex-Officio Member|
|5||The Additional Chief Secretary to Government, Haryana, Skill Development and Industrial Training Department or his nominee||Ex-Officio Member|
|6||The Mission Director, Haryana Skill Development Mission, Chandigarh.||Ex-Officio Member|
|7||Prof. (Dr.) Dinesh Kumar, Vice Chancellor, JCBUST, YMCA, Faridabad.||Member|
|8||Prof. (Dr.) Sujata Shahi, Vice Chancellor, IILM, Gurugram.||Member|
|9||Prof. (Dr.) Markanday Ahuja, Vice Chancellor, Gurugram University, Gurugram.||Member|
|10||Prof. Rajbir Singh, Vice Chancellor, Pt. Lakhmi Chand State University of Performing & Visual Arts.||Member|
|11||Prof. (Dr.) Omkar Rai, Director General Software Technology Parks of India, 9th floor, NDCC-II, Jai Singh Road, New Delhi- 110001.||Member|
|12||Prof. (Dr.) S. N. Sachdeva, Department of Civil Engineering, CB-7, NIT, Kurukshetra||Member|
|13||Prof. Suresh Kumar, Chairman, Department of Electronic Science, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra.||Member|
|14||Prof. (Dr.) Jyoti Rana, SVSU, Gurugram.||Member|
|15||Prof.(Dr) S Sarkar Dean( Academics) SVSU Dudhola,||Member|
|16||Registrar SVSU Gurugram||Ex-officio Secretary|
Constitution & Powers of Executive CouncilThe Executive Council shall consist of the following persons, namely: -
I.) Ex-officio members
- The Vice-Chancellor;
- The Administrative Secretary to Government, Haryana, Finance Department or his nominee;
- The Administrative Secretary to Government, Haryana, Higher Education Department or his nominee;
- The Administrative Secretary to Government, Haryana, Technical Education Department or his nominee;
- The Administrative Secretary to Government, Haryana, Skill Development & Industrial Training Department or his nominee;
- The Administrative Secretary to Government, Haryana, Industries Department or his nominee;
- two Deans of Faculties or university professors/academicians to be nominated by the Vice-Chancellor, by rotation in accordance with the procedure laid down by the University;
- three Professors from other universities to be nominated by the Vice-Chancellor;
- five persons to be nominated by the Chancellor on the recommendation of the Vice-Chancellor from amongst distinguished professionals and eminent persons from the industry/ chambers of Commerce/ Technical Universities/ Indian Institute of Technology/ Indian Institute of Management/ All India Council for Technical Education/ National Skill Development Corporation/ National Skill Development Agency etc.;
- the Mission Director, Haryana Skill Development Mission.
- The Registrar shall be the ex-officio Secretary of the Executive Council.
- three-fifths of the members shall form a quorum: Provided if the quorum is in fraction, and equal to or more than half, it shall be rounded off to next higher number
- Save as otherwise expressly provided, the members of the Executive Council, other than ex-officio members, shall hold office for a term of two years.
Power of Executive Council :The Executive Council shall exercise the following powers, namely: -
- To hold, control and administer the revenue, property and fund of the university.
- To recommend creation or abolition of teaching, academic and non-teaching posts to the State Government.
- to appoint professors, associate professors, assistant professors, other academic staff on the recommendations of the Selection Committee constituted for the purpose and to fill up temporary vacancies therein;
- To make administrative, ministerial and other posts and to make appointments thereto, in the manner prescribed by the Statutes;
- to manage and regulate the finances, accounts, investments, property, business and all other administrative affairs of the University and for that purpose, to appoint such agents, as it may think fit;
- to invest any money belonging to the University including any unapplied income in such stocks, funds, shares or securities as it shall, from time to time, think fit or in the purchase of immovable property in India with the like power of varying such investments from time to time;
- to transfer or accept transfer of any movable and immovable property on behalf of the University;
- to provide buildings, premises, furniture and apparatus and other means needed for carrying on the work of the University;
- to select a common seal for the University;
- to delegate any of its powers to the Vice-Chancellor, the Registrar or such other employee or authority of the University or to a committee appointed by it, as it may deem fit;
- to enter into, vary, carry out, or cancel contracts on behalf of the University
- To make, amend or repeal the statutes;
- To make decisions regarding maintenance of discipline among students;
- To exercise such other powers and perform such other duties, as may be conferred or assigned to the Executive Council by the act or the Statutes, or the ordinances; and
- Any decision of the Executive Council in the matters involving additional financial liability and those relating to the annual budget of the University shall hold good only if Administrative Secretary to Government, Haryana, Finance Department, or his nominee is present and has consented to the decision.
- To review and deliberate on short and long reforms in academic, research and development activities, finance, management and governance that are taking place at the national and global level with a view to allow them to percolate into the University;
- To have powers to create or approve any new councils as deemed appropriate by the University to promote Skill development strategy;
- To prescribe Honoria, remunerations, fees and travelling and other allowances for paper-setter and other examination staff, visiting faculty, and fees or changes for any other services rendered to the University.
- To exercise all powers of the University not otherwise provided for by the Act, the Statutes, or the Ordinances.
Minutes of EC Meeting
|Sr. No.||EC Meeting No.||Held on||Minutes of Meeting|